From: HDI on
Hi,

Is there anyone that can help me?
My mouse pointer enlarges after some time under Windows 7 and only a
reboot helps.

When looking on the internet I saw that there was an hotfix (http://
support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx) which
should fix this.

Currently I'am using ati catalyst version 9.11 so can anyone help me
what steps to take to solve this.

1. Do I have to install Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite or Display Driver
Only?
2. Do I have to install this hotfix still after I installed the update
in step 1

Just download and install or do I have to do something else?

Thx
From: Paul on
HDI wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there anyone that can help me?
> My mouse pointer enlarges after some time under Windows 7 and only a
> reboot helps.
>
> When looking on the internet I saw that there was an hotfix (http://
> support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx) which
> should fix this.
>
> Currently I'am using ati catalyst version 9.11 so can anyone help me
> what steps to take to solve this.
>
> 1. Do I have to install Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite or Display Driver
> Only?
> 2. Do I have to install this hotfix still after I installed the update
> in step 1
>
> Just download and install or do I have to do something else?
>
> Thx

You can see in the thread here, it could be fixed by the driver update,
or it may also require a motherboard BIOS update (which makes no sense to
me at all). The very last poster in this thread right now, still has a
problem.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/w7hardware/thread/ba3f768d-d631-4fe1-9e3f-777409be4126

If you previously installed (driver+CCC) at one time, I would just
do that again with the latest (driver+CCC) download.

Alternately, you could continue to use a search engine, to find more
people with the problem, and see if there is a guaranteed fix.

Paul
From: HDI on
On 24 dec 2009, 00:10, Paul <nos...(a)needed.com> wrote:
> HDI wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > Is there anyone that can help me?
> > My mouse pointer enlarges after some time under Windows 7 and only a
> > reboot helps.
>
> > When looking on the internet I saw that there was an hotfix (http://
> > support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspx) which
> > should fix this.
>
> > Currently I'am using ati catalyst version 9.11 so can anyone help me
> > what steps to take to solve this.
>
> > 1. Do I have to install Catalyst 9.12 Software Suite or Display Driver
> > Only?
> > 2. Do I have to install this hotfix still after I installed the update
> > in step 1
>
> > Just download and install or do I have to do something else?
>
> > Thx
>
> You can see in the thread here, it could be fixed by the driver update,
> or it may also require a motherboard BIOS update (which makes no sense to
> me at all). The very last poster in this thread right now, still has a
> problem.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/w7hardware/thread/ba...
>
> If you previously installed (driver+CCC) at one time, I would just
> do that again with the latest (driver+CCC) download.
>
> Alternately, you could continue to use a search engine, to find more
> people with the problem, and see if there is a guaranteed fix.
>
>     Paul- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

ok thanks