From: guest5 on
Hi

I have a sql 2005 instance running sp2. The msdb database keeps running out
of space and I cant work out what's using all of it. Currently its 1.5 data
allocated. The usage report of the trables shows the larges table is only
10Mb!

Any advise will be appreciated as to where to start looking.

Thanks in advance.
From: Yan on
Check if the 1.5GB is due to data or log size. If log then it is posible
that a large DML operation took place thus causing the log to grow.

In addition this is a good article, take a look at the tempdb chapter:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/tsprfprb.mspx
----

From: guest5 on
Yan

This is purely data. Log is a further 50Mb

From: Leon Mayne on
> This is purely data. Log is a further 50Mb

If it's all free space in the data file then just use the DBCC shrinkfile
command to clear it out.

From: guest5 on
Hi

This is the point. All the data file space is getting used, but unsure what
object is using it up as the usage report does not list any tables which are
that large. There is again virtually no space on the data file.