From: Dingbat on
Hello
My sister had a virus, an email was sent to all her hotmail contacts saying
something about winning a ipad.
Anyhow so she deleted all her emails and uninstalled MSN messenger. She
didn't reinstall it until 3 weeks later but her contacts were all gone.
And yet they are all there when she logs into hotmail. She then installed
Windows Live mail and they are all there too. How can she get them to show
in Messenger without having to 'invite' everyone all over again?

From: StephenB on
Deleting emails and uninstalling Windows Live Messenger should have no impact on
the contact list, especially since you see these contacts in Windows Live Mail
and on the Hotmail site. It sounds like she is signing into Messenger with a
different LiveID, which would mean a different contact list. I any event, I
suggest that she pursue this at windowslivehelp.com:

Help and Support for Windows Live Messenger (downloaded from
http://download.live.com) can be found here:
http://windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=2

Your sister and you may also want to review this post:
https://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=6ea0c7b3-1473-4176-b03f-145b951dcb41

And also this blog entry from the Windows Live team:
http://windowslivewire.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2F7EB29B42641D59!42740.entry

-steve

"Dingbat" <askingmany(a)questions> wrote:

>Hello
>My sister had a virus, an email was sent to all her hotmail contacts saying
>something about winning a ipad.
>Anyhow so she deleted all her emails and uninstalled MSN messenger. She
>didn't reinstall it until 3 weeks later but her contacts were all gone.
>And yet they are all there when she logs into hotmail. She then installed
>Windows Live mail and they are all there too. How can she get them to show
>in Messenger without having to 'invite' everyone all over again?

Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sboots(a)mvps.org