From: Nathan on
Running Access 2003 on Vista.

I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine.

What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each
with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid
manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this?
From: KARL DEWEY on
Post your query SQL.
--
Build a little, test a little.

From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
Nathan wrote:
>Running Access 2003 on Vista.
>
>I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine.
>
>What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each
>with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid
>manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this?

If this is what I think it is, read this discussion...
http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access/126781/how-to-10-random-records-per-user-in-large-file

From: Nathan on
SELECT TOP 15 dbo_Employee.EEID, [EELast] & ", " & [EEFirst] AS SubroRep,
dbo_Case.CaseID, dbo_Case.CaseClosedDate
FROM dbo_Employee INNER JOIN (dbo_feature INNER JOIN dbo_Case ON
dbo_feature.FeatureAssocClaimNum = dbo_Case.CaseID) ON dbo_Employee.EEID =
dbo_Case.CaseEEID
WHERE (((dbo_Employee.EEID)=[enter ID of user]) AND
((dbo_Case.CaseClosedDate)>Date()-30) AND ((dbo_Case.CaseStatus)=6))
ORDER BY Rnd([featureidnumber]);

From: Nathan on
Yes, the main thrust of that thread is what I am trying to accomplish, but
I'm not seeing the answer there?

I have the random selection solved - I just need to know how to run it over
and over programattically for my defined list of users.