From: Hunibal on
I am using XP

just the past few days my system slowed down.

In the Task manager this program: - MNIndexStoreSvr.exe -
Takes up most of the CPU time and keeps running, slows the system down.

Any suggestion?

Cheers _ Hunibal _

From: Wesley Vogel on
MNIndexStoreSvr.exe MIGHT be SoundTrax WaveEditor, part of Nero. I found a
Russian post about MNIndexStoreSvr.exe and had it translated.

However, WaveEdit.exe is the Nero WaveEditor on my machine.

Do a Search on your machine for MNIndexStoreSvr.exe

HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302347

See what folder it is in, that may be a clue.

When you find MNIndexStoreSvr.exe...

Right click MNIndexStoreSvr.exe | Properties | Version tab

There should be a description on both General and Version tabs.

This info is part of the file and not all files have real good info.
Especially if it is spyware or a virus. Or whoever put it together was lazy
or secretive.

On the Version tab.

Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.

Other version information
Item Name:
Company
File Version
Internal Name
Language
Original File Name
Product Name
Product Version

Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
Summary tab also.

16-bit programs do not have a Version tab.
------

You will probably find that MNIndexStoreSvr.exe is malware of some sort.

UPDATE your antivirus software and run a full system scan.

UPDATE whatever anti-spyware applications that you have and run a full
system scan with each one.

You might want to start in Safe Mode to run your antivirus and anti-spyware
software.

Running a full system antivirus scan or anti-spyware scan in Safe Mode can
be a good idea. Some viruses and other malware like to conceal themselves
in areas Windows protects while using them. Safe mode will prevent those
applications access and therefore unprotect the viruses or other malware
allowing for easier removal.

How to start Windows in Safe Mode Windows XP
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=61#winxo

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eEyEh3eyGHA.2392(a)TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl,
Hunibal <hunibal_(a)hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:

From: Hunibal on
Thanx for your help.

--

Cheers _ Hunibal _

From: Wesley Vogel on
Post back and let us know what you found out.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eyX2h1pyGHA.1300(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,