From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
cite="mid:da5007b7-c284-46b4-bdf2-04a74088b242(a)c16g2000yqd.googlegroups.com"
type="cite">
href="http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2852/passportdiscrepancy.jpg">http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2852/passportdiscrepancy.jpg</a><br>
I have two identical WD 1tb passport usb drives filled with identical
data. [...]<br>
is a mere 28 deleted MFT records, for example.&nbsp; Or it could be journal
entries, security descriptor records, or quite a number of other things.<br>
From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard on

> Or making a copy with a sector imager. Don't use both drives at the
> same time aftert this, as the GUIDs will also have been copied.

That's only the case if one copies the entire disc, rather than copies
just the contents of a specific volume (as tools such as DISKCOPY and
its equivalents do). When copying a specific volume, one only need
worry about volume serial numbers; and the failure mode that duplicate
volume serial numbers predominantly cause (failure to recognize
removable disc changes in some operating systems) won't occur with both
discs present simultaneously, and won't occur with non-removable media,
in any case.