From: chris on
I'm trying to get hold of the nVidia drivers but their site seems to be
down. Is it just me?
http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

I get this message:
"System Message

Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience."
From: Darren Salt on
I demand that chris may or may not have written...

> I'm trying to get hold of the nVidia drivers but their site seems to be
> down. Is it just me?
> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk

> I get this message:
> "System Message

> Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience."

In the meantime, you could install Linux 2.6.33, upgrade X and Mesa to the
current releases (1.7.5 and 7.7 are in Debian unstable), and give the
'nouveau' driver a try.

--
| Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds ,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.xine-project.org/

normal: a. What everybody else is not.
From: chris on
On 02/03/10 16:08, Darren Salt wrote:
> I demand that chris may or may not have written...
>
>> I'm trying to get hold of the nVidia drivers but their site seems to be
>> down. Is it just me?
>> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk
>
>> I get this message:
>> "System Message
>
>> Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience."
>
> In the meantime, you could install Linux 2.6.33, upgrade X and Mesa to the
> current releases (1.7.5 and 7.7 are in Debian unstable), and give the
> 'nouveau' driver a try.

Possibly, but as I'm running Centos 5 I don't want to mess about with it
too much.

Turns out though that the nVidia driver supplied with Centos 5 works
fine, now. It didn't used to like my dual monitor set-up.
From: Neil Ellwood on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:00:58 +0000, chris wrote:

> On 02/03/10 16:08, Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that chris may or may not have written...
>>
>>> I'm trying to get hold of the nVidia drivers but their site seems to
>>> be down. Is it just me?
>>> http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-uk
>>
>>> I get this message:
>>> "System Message
>>
>>> Please try again at a later time. Sorry for the inconvenience."
>>
>> In the meantime, you could install Linux 2.6.33, upgrade X and Mesa to
>> the current releases (1.7.5 and 7.7 are in Debian unstable), and give
>> the 'nouveau' driver a try.
>
> Possibly, but as I'm running Centos 5 I don't want to mess about with it
> too much.
>
> Turns out though that the nVidia driver supplied with Centos 5 works
> fine, now. It didn't used to like my dual monitor set-up.

The site is running now - tried 2 min ago.

--
neil
Reverse 'r' + 'a' and remove 'l'.