From: Mark Kubicki on
I have the following code:

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String
strOpenArgs = "true" & "~" & Me![Manufacturer] & "~" & Me![CatalogNo]

stDocName = "frmFixtureInstallationNotes"
stLinkCriteria = "[Manufacturer] = '" & Me.Manufacturer & "' AND
[CatalogNumber] = '" & Me.CatalogNo & "'"

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , acDialog, strOpenArgs

------------
I want the code to pause executing HERE until the called form is closed
HOWEVER, when I use as Dialog, nothing executes afterwards, and yet when I
use acNormal (although I don't want it to, the code continues...
------------

Call DoSQLDeleteBaseInstallationNotes(Forms![frmSpec])
Call DoSQLAddBaseInstallationNotes(Forms![frmSpec])
Forms![frmSpec].chldInstallationNotes.Requery
more code....

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated in advance,
mark

From: Jeanette Cunningham on
If you put a msgbox

MsgBox "Dialog form now closed"
as shown below, it will help you debug.

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String
strOpenArgs = "true" & "~" & Me![Manufacturer] & "~" & Me![CatalogNo]

stDocName = "frmFixtureInstallationNotes"
stLinkCriteria = "[Manufacturer] = '" & Me.Manufacturer & "' AND
[CatalogNumber] = '" & Me.CatalogNo & "'"

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , acDialog, strOpenArgs
MsgBox "Dialog form now closed"

You should see the msgbox when you close the dialog form.