From: Keith G Hicks on
I'm passing a string of county names from a SQL procedure to my vb.net code.
I can set the string in whatever way needed but right now I passing it
like this:

"oakland","wayne","saginaw","houghton"

Each county has " around it and they are separated by a comma. The vb.net
variable for the string of counties is autoRunCounties

I need to sequence through the string on the vb.net end. I tried this but it
doesn't work I think because vb.net puts extra double quotes around the
value in the variable but that migh tjust be for the sake of the *watch*
value shown to show that it's a string:

Dim autoRunCountiesArray() = {autoRunCounties}

For Each oneCounty As String In autoRunCountiesArray
... do stuff
Next oneCounty

oneCounty ends up lookign like this ""oakland","wayne","saginaw","houghton""

From: Keith G Hicks on
Never mind. I found a solution here:
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6030362.html