From: Gert-Jan Strik on
Like this?

SELECT I.ID, ThreadUserFrom, ThreadUserTo, vSubject, vMessage,
vThreadMessage, T.dCreateDate
FROM tblInbox AS I
JOIN tblInboxThread AS T
ON I.ID = T.iInboxThread
WHERE T.dCreateDate = (SELECT MAX(B.dCreateDate)
FROM tblInboxThread AS B
WHERE B.iInboxThread = I.ID);

--
Gert-Jan

From: Plamen Ratchev on
What is incorrect? If I understood correct you need the latest from table tblInbox. If you need the latest based on the
date from the other table then the change made by Gert-Jan will do it.

--
Plamen Ratchev
http://www.SQLStudio.com