From: telcodev on
Do we have any PI's or attorneys willing to look into the guys that
put together this nepomuk problem?

This needs to be investigated to see if Microsoft $$ is behind the
inclusion of this in recent releases.

This damages Linux as a whole.

Saltbreez
From: Auric__ on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 03:48:31 GMT, telcodev wrote:

> Do we have any PI's or attorneys willing to look into the guys that
> put together this nepomuk problem?
>
> This needs to be investigated to see if Microsoft $$ is behind the
> inclusion of this in recent releases.
>
> This damages Linux as a whole.

What is it, and what *exactly* is the problem?

--
On paper it doesn't sound so bad, right?
From: King Beowulf on
On Sun, 09 May 2010 18:28:09 +0000, Auric__ wrote:

> On Sat, 08 May 2010 03:48:31 GMT, telcodev wrote:
>
>> Do we have any PI's or attorneys willing to look into the guys that put
>> together this nepomuk problem?
>>
>> This needs to be investigated to see if Microsoft $$ is behind the
>> inclusion of this in recent releases.
>>
>> This damages Linux as a whole.
>
> What is it, and what *exactly* is the problem?

It's the tool of the DEVIL, is what it is!

RUN!
From: Jerry Peters on
Auric__ <not.my.real(a)email.address> wrote:
> On Sat, 08 May 2010 03:48:31 GMT, telcodev wrote:
>
>> Do we have any PI's or attorneys willing to look into the guys that
>> put together this nepomuk problem?
>>
>> This needs to be investigated to see if Microsoft $$ is behind the
>> inclusion of this in recent releases.
>>
>> This damages Linux as a whole.
>
> What is it, and what *exactly* is the problem?

Something called a "semantic desktop", the article I read about it in
LWN was so full of buzzwords and other marketing type BS that it's
hard to determine what it really does.
According to some of the responses to the article, it's slow & eats
resources.
Not a MS plot, just a pie-in-the-sky POS that's poorly designed and
even more poorly implemented, in all probability.

Jerry

Pages: 1
Prev: PHP with unixODBC support
Next: kdesu in kde4.4.3