From: Mr. B-o-B on
Hello, and a good day to you all. I am having a heck of a time getting
PHP with unixODBC enabled to work.

I am trying to get this working on a Slack 12.1 & 13.0 box. I am trying
to get these slack boxes to connect to a Pervasive SQL ODBC engine on a
windows 2003 box. I have the Pervasse sql client for linux, and
unixODBC setup. I can query the pervasive db using isql.

My problem is I need to get this working in PHP. As far as I can tell
the stock Slackware PHP packages do not have this enabled.

I figured it would be easiest to download the Slack PHP source files &
SlackBuild, and just add the --enable-unixODBC option.

This has not been working for me, and I was wondering what I might be
doing wrong.

All I have done is add the following options to the configure part of
the stock php.SlackBuild

--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr \
--with-custom-obdc=/usr/local
--enable-pdo=/usr \
--with-pdo-odbc=unixODBC,/usr \
--with-esoob=/usr/local/easysoft/oob/client \

This results in the following:

/tmp/php-5.2.12/ext/gd/libgd/gdxpm.c:138: error: expected '{' at end of
input
make: *** [ext/gd/libgd/gdxpm.lo] Error 1

Any Idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
"Mr. B-o-B" <mkebob1134(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> /tmp/php-5.2.12/ext/gd/libgd/gdxpm.c:138: error: expected '{' at end of
> input
> make: *** [ext/gd/libgd/gdxpm.lo] Error 1

Unless you also see a lot of other errors like missing .h-files the above
error indicates that the source file gdxpm.c is broken.

> Any Idea what I might be doing wrong?

If gdxpm.c is broken it might be fixed in some other version of php, it
might also help to disable the compilation of that file (and maybe also
lose some features) by adding or removing some configure-flags.

A good start might be to see if you are able to compile a vanilla php from
the Slackware sources using the unmodified build script. To me it seems as
if libgd should not have anything to do with odbc so it seems a little odd
that adding the odbc feature would give an error there.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

From: Mr. B-o-B on
On 5/8/2010 1:45 AM, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:

> A good start might be to see if you are able to compile a vanilla php from
> the Slackware sources using the unmodified build script. To me it seems as
> if libgd should not have anything to do with odbc so it seems a little odd
> that adding the odbc feature would give an error there.

I downloaded the vanilla source/slackbuild files.

All I did was add the following option to the configure options:

It now complains:

From: Mr. B-o-B on
On 5/8/2010 1:45 AM, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:

> A good start might be to see if you are able to compile a vanilla php from
> the Slackware sources using the unmodified build script. To me it seems as
> if libgd should not have anything to do with odbc so it seems a little odd
> that adding the odbc feature would give an error there.

I am still having a hard time trying to package php with unixODBC support.

I took you advice. I downloaded the most recent source files from
/patches/source for php. All I did was add the following configure
option to the build script:

--with-unixODBC=shared,/usr \

It run for awhile, and then it stops with the below error:

Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

Installing PHP SAPI module: apache2handler
/usr/lib/httpd/build/instdso.sh
SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/lib/apr-1.3.8/build-1/libtool' libphp5.la
/tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules
/usr/lib/apr-1.3.8/build-1/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la
/tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.la
cp .libs/libphp5.a /tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.a
chmod 644 /tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.a
ranlib /tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.a
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish
/tmp/php-5.2.12/libs'
Warning! dlname not found in
/tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.la.
Assuming installing a .so rather than a libtool archive.
chmod 755 /tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so
chmod: cannot access
`/tmp/package-php//usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so': No such file or
directory
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
..
make: *** [install-sapi] Error 1

Has anyone seen this error before. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Bob
From: Henrik Carlqvist on
"Mr. B-o-B" <mkebob1134(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> On 5/8/2010 1:45 AM, Henrik Carlqvist wrote:
>> A good start might be to see if you are able to compile a vanilla php from
>> the Slackware sources using the unmodified build script.

> I took you advice.

No you did not.

> I downloaded the most recent source files from
> /patches/source for php. All I did was add the following configure
> option to the build script:
>
> --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr \

By modifying the script and using a newer version of php you have no idea
if the build fails because you have modified the script, because the
script is broken, because the source is broken or because the script does
not match the source you are now trying to compile.

Please start by trying to compile the php source included with Slackware
using an unmodified build script. If that works you can start your quest
from there by taking small steps. Your first step might then be to modify
the configure parameters in the script _or_ modifying the script to use a
newer version of php.

regards Henrik
root(a)localhost postmaster(a)localhost

 |  Next  |  Last