From: vl on
I've been trying to use following instructions (see below) to setup pocket
pc networking. As a result i only see error message:
"connection failed: no connection could be made because the target machine
actively refused it"
Can someone advise what the problem is?
Thank you,
-V
1. Download and install the Virtual Machine Network Driver for
Microsoft Device Emulator at this address.
I suggest to do the setup with Visual Studio 2005 and the emulator
turned off.
2. From the Network Settings select the Local Area Connection, right
click and select Properties, check the box near Virtual Machine Network
Services
3. In Visual Studio open Tools -> Options
4. Open the Device Tools -> Devices node
5. Select Pocket PC 2003 Emulator and click Properties
6. From the Transport section select the TCP Connect Transport
7. Click the Configure button and select Obtain an IP address
automatically using ActiveSync, then close the dialog box
8. Click Emulator Options..., tab Network, check the box Enable NE2000
PCMIA network adapter and bind to: and from the drop down list select your
network card
9. Close all the dialog boxes, run your application, in the emulator
open then File -> Configure dialog box
10. Check the box or verify the state of the Enable NE2000 PCMIA network
adapter and bind to: box, it must be checked
Now from your software you can use the code to connect to internet,
databases servers and so on.