From: jdh13 on
Casper H.S. Dik wrote:
> jdh13 <jdh13(a)free.fr> writes:
>
>> and:
>> t2000-root% ifconfig e1000g3 mtu 9600
>> ifconfig: setifmtu: SIOCSLIFMTU: e1000g3: Invalid argument
>> so if i modify e1000g.conf, i have to reboot!
>> why this driver is such configured?
>
> update_drv -f e1000g did not cause the changes to be picked up?

t2000-root% update_drv -f e1000g
Cannot unload module: e1000g
Will be unloaded upon reboot.
Forcing update of e1000g.conf.

it seems it don't work

From: Rick Jones on
jdh13 <jdh13(a)free.fr> wrote:
> hi all,
> when transfering data between two t2000, i noticed a bad speed, so i did
> some tests:
> t2000_A e1000g0 --- switch HP 2824 --- e1000g0 t2000_B
> t2000_A e1000g3 ---------------------- e1000g3 t2000_B

> i'm using netperf, and in all cases, i got around 300 Mbit/s
> if i run 3 netperf in parallel, each one displays around 100 Mbit/s

> Has anyone noticed it on this kind of machine? All are Solaris 10 U3
> with latest patches

I can say that I have a lot of recentish experience with netperf
performance on the T2000 (U2 mostly for the core, a little with U3 and
10G), but a strict interpretation of Clause 5f of the Solaris EULA
suggests I am not at liberty to discuss it in public without Sun's
prior consent.

I will though ask some questions:

*) Do you know to which strands interrupts from the NIC(s) are going?

*) Do you know on which strands the netperf/netserver processes are
running?

*) Did you add any --enable-mumble options when you did the configure
step?

*) What command line options to netperf are you using?

*) Have you also run netperf TCP_RR tests?

*) Have you noticed some of the network related tunes Sun listed in
their SPECweb2005 disclosures on the T2000?

rick jones