From: Bill Cunningham on
The way I understand Beejs unix networking that I was kindly told about
is that getaddrinfo() is used first and through pointer menipulation over
linked lists getaddrinfo() returns what is needed. Then used:

socket()
bind()
listen()
accept()
send() and recv() in TCP connections.

Now is there another way? A way using inet_addr()? This is defined in
arpa/inet.h.
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/000095399/functions/getaddrinfo.html

I have been going by:
http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/singlepage/bgnet.html

I still haven't got my book. I expect it to be invaluable. This will
take much code that is worth writing but not posting to usenet for sure.
Just thought I would ask those who might know and I will take no flame bait
as per earlier incidents.

Thanks
Bill

--
"Using USENET too much means you have too much time on your hands."

Pages: 1
Prev: SPAM
Next: Help creating a quote server simulator