From: stefani on

Zitat von Andrew Morton <akpm(a)linux-foundation.org>:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:17:24 -0700
> Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:

>> is play plan to

>> > right!
>>
>> Great. As Andrew doesn't have the time to send them on, want me to? If
>> so, care to point me at them in his tree, or resend them to me?
>>

> One does a little more than "send things on"...
>
> I have a little pile of kfifo changes queud for 2.6.36. The "generic
> kfifo" patches are a large rotorooting of the whole facility, based on
> that work (I hope).
>
> There's also the abandoned
> kfifo-replace-the-old-non-generic-api-kfifo-fix-scatterlist-usage.patch
> which never got resolved with the originator.

This patch was included in the latest version i had posted last week.

From: Ira W. Snyder on
On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 12:02:46AM +0200, stefani(a)seibold.net wrote:

> Zitat von Andrew Morton <akpm(a)linux-foundation.org>:
>
> > On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:17:24 -0700
> > Greg KH <gregkh(a)suse.de> wrote:

> >> is play plan to

> >> Great. As Andrew doesn't have the time to send them on, want me to? If
> >> so, care to point me at them in his tree, or resend them to me?
> >>

> > One does a little more than "send things on"...
> >
> > I have a little pile of kfifo changes queud for 2.6.36. The "generic
> > kfifo" patches are a large rotorooting of the whole facility, based on
> > that work (I hope).
> >
> > There's also the abandoned
> > kfifo-replace-the-old-non-generic-api-kfifo-fix-scatterlist-usage.patch
> > which never got resolved with the originator.
> >

> This patch was included in the latest version i had posted last week.

Hello Stefani, Andrew,

I've reviewed the updated patch from Stefani which has incorporated the
fixes I suggested into the DMA routines. The DMA routines have my ack,
though I have not ported any code to them yet.

Thanks,
Ira
From: Andi Kleen on
On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 12:46:17PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 09:10:54AM +0200, Stefani Seibold wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > once again. Kernel 2.6.35 is out and i want to know if there is play plan to
> > merge the generic kfifo API. All complains was fixed, so there is no
> > reason to shift the merge again. Please gibe me a short answer.
>
> These have been in the -mm tree for a few major kernel releases now,
> right? And they are API safe, and only change the internals, right?

I thought they changed the API. But generally to the better.

The newer version seemed ok to me last time I looked.
The older version it replaced had some issues.

-Andi
--
ak(a)linux.intel.com -- Speaking for myself only.