From: Lorenz Hölscher on
Hi everyone again,

there is a new 'navigationbar' (correct translation?) control coming
with access 2010 forms. Does anybody know how the 'Where-clause for
navigation' property works?

I thought it could be something like the Where-clause argument of the
DoCmd.OpenForm procedure. So I added '[myField]<100' where myField is
a field name in the target form. But nothing changes. The target form
always shows all records unfiltered.

Thanks,
Lorenz
From: Albert D. Kallal on
"Lorenz H�lscher" <internet(a)software-dozent.de> wrote in message
> Hi everyone again,
>
> there is a new 'navigationbar' (correct translation?) control coming
> with access 2010 forms. Does anybody know how the 'Where-clause for
> navigation' property works?
>
> I thought it could be something like the Where-clause argument of the
> DoCmd.OpenForm procedure. So I added '[myField]<100' where myField is
> a field name in the target form. But nothing changes. The target form
> always shows all records unfiltered.

The above works for me. I had to close/save the nav form, but then
re-opening it
did make the filter work.

Also, don't use ' or ", try:

[myField] < 100

(no quotes needed)

Of course, if myField is a text field, then use somthing like:

[myCity] = "Edmonton"

--
Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

From: Lorenz Hölscher on
Hi Albert,

maybe it's because I didn't close the form while testing. I will give
it a try tomorrow.

There were no quotes in the property but thanks for the hint.

Thanks again for your help,
Lorenz
From: Lorenz Hölscher on
....to all those who will read this later:

Yes, you have to close the form to let the 'Where...' property work.
Even if you change the property.

bye, Lorenz

Pages: 1
Prev: Tab control disappears.