From: Carlton on
I have created a dialog with a QGraphicsView object called graphView on
my dialog using designer. So far I have been unable to display any
information on the dialog, I have taken the following approach;
In the dialog constructor I created a scene for viewing
QGraphicsScene thescene(-1000,-1000,2000,2000); // create a scene
thescene.addtext("message added here.");

I now attempted to connect the scene with the QGraphcsView item on the
dialog using;
graphicsView.setScene(&thescene); // attempt to view the scene
graphicsView.show(); // attempt to display the text message onto the
dialog QGraphicsView window.
This approach is not working, a pointer in the right direction would be
greatly appreciated.
regards,
Carlton Matthew
From: BobR on

Carlton <USENET(a)adent.demon.co.uk> wrote in message...
> I have created a dialog with a QGraphicsView object called graphView on
> my dialog using designer. So far I have been unable to display any
> information on the dialog, I have taken the following approach;
> In the dialog constructor I created a scene for viewing
> QGraphicsScene thescene(-1000,-1000,2000,2000); // create a scene
> thescene.addtext("message added here.");
>
> I now attempted to connect the scene with the QGraphcsView item on the
> dialog using;
> graphicsView.setScene(&thescene); // attempt to view the scene
> graphicsView.show(); // attempt to display the text message onto the
> dialog QGraphicsView window.
> This approach is not working, a pointer in the right direction would be
> greatly appreciated.
> regards,
> Carlton Matthew

What is your 'C' or 'C++' question? (Hint: standard 'C', 'C++' does not have
QGraphics.)
For that library, you need to read the documentation, or post to an NG that
deals with those. (maybe 'trolltech' has some FAQs)

alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:

FAQ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite

--
Bob R
POVrookie

From: Asm23 on
On Aug 31, 6:41 am, Carlton <USE...(a)adent.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I have created a dialog with a QGraphicsView object called graphView on
> my dialog using designer. So far I have been unable to display any
> information on the dialog, I have taken the following approach;
> In the dialog constructor I created a scene for viewing
> QGraphicsScene thescene(-1000,-1000,2000,2000); // create a scene
> thescene.addtext("message added here.");
>
> I now attempted to connect the scene with the QGraphcsView item on the
> dialog using;
> graphicsView.setScene(&thescene); // attempt to view the scene
> graphicsView.show(); // attempt to display the text message onto the
> dialog QGraphicsView window.
> This approach is not working, a pointer in the right direction would be
> greatly appreciated.
> regards,
> Carlton Matthew

This is a wrong place for you, we don't focus on Qgraphics.

Pages: 1
Prev: Problem in Socket Programming
Next: question