From: vxdiskadm@gmail.com on
Hi All,

Can we mount /www from solaris 9 OS to AIX 5.3 using nfs?

on the client side -

axxxx7:/ #mount /builds
mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
axxxx7:/builds
vmount: There is an input or output error.
NFS fsinfo failed for server axxxx7: error 7 (RPC: 1832-010
Authentication error)
axxxx7:/ #

The filesystems file looks like this bellow -
cat /etc/filesystems

/builds:
dev = "/builds"
vfs = nfs
nodename = axxxx7
mount = true
type = nfs
options = bg,soft,intr,retry=3,sec=sys
account = false

on the solaris nfs server -
im sharing the /www filesystem between sun and a Aix client, it works
fine on a sun client im able to mount it fine , but on Aix client it
gives me error.

axxxx7:${PWD} #cat /etc/dfs/sharetab
/www - nfs nosuid,rw,root=sun.client:aix.client
axxxx7:${PWD} #

From: Dan Foster on
In article <1137528615.933746.89530(a)f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, vxdiskadm(a)gmail.com <vxdiskadm(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Can we mount /www from solaris 9 OS to AIX 5.3 using nfs?

Sure can.

> on the client side -
>
> axxxx7:/ #mount /builds
> mount: 1831-008 giving up on:
> axxxx7:/builds
> vmount: There is an input or output error.
> NFS fsinfo failed for server axxxx7: error 7 (RPC: 1832-010
> Authentication error)
> axxxx7:/ #
>
> The filesystems file looks like this bellow -
> cat /etc/filesystems
>
> /builds:
> dev = "/builds"
> vfs = nfs
> nodename = axxxx7
> mount = true
> type = nfs
> options = bg,soft,intr,retry=3,sec=sys
> account = false

Authentication... hmm...

Are you in more than 8 or 16 groups on either end?

Also make sure you're either:

- using SecureRPC on both ends

OR

- SecureRPC turned off on both ends

But *NOT* SecureRPC enabled on one end and no SecureRPC on the other end.

-Dan
From: Michael Tosch on
vxdiskadm(a)gmail.com wrote:

> NFS fsinfo failed for server axxxx7: error 7 (RPC: 1832-010
> Authentication error)

This is an "NFS access denied".

> on the solaris nfs server -
> im sharing the /www filesystem between sun and a Aix client, it works
> fine on a sun client im able to mount it fine , but on Aix client it
> gives me error.
>
> axxxx7:${PWD} #cat /etc/dfs/sharetab
> /www - nfs nosuid,rw,root=sun.client:aix.client
> axxxx7:${PWD} #

1.
on the NFS server, run

shareall
share

2.
from the aix.client ssh/rlogin/telnet to the NFS server,
and verify with

who am i
# 3 words

that the aix.client resolves as you expect.

--
Michael Tosch @ hp : com
From: Paul Pluzhnikov on
"vxdiskadm(a)gmail.com" <vxdiskadm(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Can we mount /www from solaris 9 OS to AIX 5.3 using nfs?

Yes (well usually).

> axxxx7:/ #mount /builds
> mount: 1831-008 giving up on: axxxx7:/builds
> vmount: There is an input or output error. NFS fsinfo failed for server axxxx7: error 7 (RPC: 1832-010 Authentication error)

Does this help (execute on aix as root):

nfso -p -o nfs_use_reserved_ports=1

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.
From: vxdiskadm@gmail.com on
I thank all of you for the quick help,
some how the team has dropped the idea of cross platform mount,
But the solution did work !!!!!!
Ohh , I just informed my systems engg team , that we do not support
this in production environament,
So I requested then to put it on the Netapp NAS.

Thanks
Vxdisk