From: Tony Johansson on
Hi!

I have used ngen on an assembly exe file by writing
ngen test.exe and it works.

I just wonder how can I see if ngen has been run on an assembly(dll or exe)
?

//Tony

From: Alberto Poblacion on
"Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
> I just wonder how can I see if ngen has been run on an assembly(dll or
> exe)

You can run "ngen display [assembly name]". If the assembly is not
installed in the native images cache, ngen will respond with "Error: The
specified assembly is not installed."

From: Patrice on
Hello,

> I just wonder how can I see if ngen has been run on an assembly(dll or
> exe) ?

Just try ngen /? or see the documentation for ngen at :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6t9t5wcf.aspx to find the
appropriate option...

--
Patrice

From: Tony Johansson on
"Alberto Poblacion" <earthling-quitaestoparacontestar(a)poblacion.org> skrev i
meddelandet news:OuZxfw%23rKHA.6140(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson(a)telia.com> wrote in message
>> I just wonder how can I see if ngen has been run on an assembly(dll or
>> exe)
>
> You can run "ngen display [assembly name]". If the assembly is not
> installed in the native images cache, ngen will respond with "Error: The
> specified assembly is not installed."

Hi!

I just wonder if anyone have any experience how much in performance profit
it might give when uses this ngen utility.
I'm just curious to know.

//Tony

From: Peter Duniho on
Tony Johansson wrote:
> I just wonder if anyone have any experience how much in performance profit
> it might give when uses this ngen utility.
> I'm just curious to know.

It could help a little, it could help a lot. It just depends on your
situation. You can find out specifically how much it helps by doing
actual performance testing.