From: Janet S on
Is there a way in Word 2007 to create a list of words that should never be
hyphenated in a particular document? Perhaps a way to edit the hyphenation
dictionary?
--
~ Janet
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
You can apply a "no proofing" character style to specific words; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm#ExemptingText for
instructions on constructing such a style. "Proofing" in this case includes
spelling, grammar, and hyphenation, all provided by the Proofing Tools.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Janet S on
Thank you, Suzanne. Creating a no-proofing character style is a great tip.
That will work within a document, but there's no way to have a list or style
or whatever of words that should not be proofed that will apply across
documents, right? If there is, please let me know.
Thanks again.
--
~ Janet

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
You can create AutoText entries or formatted AutoCorrect entries that have
the No Proofing style applied. Would that help?

From: Janet S on
Yes, that would help.
Thank you again.
--