From: Ron Patterson on
Suddenly, the sound does not work in Internet Explorer 8 - Video links folks
send me play fine - but no sound. All the songs in My Music play fine.
All Windows sounds in other programs work.

I have tried the following and the box is checked:

Open Internet Explorer>Select Internet Options from the drop down menu under
Tools>Select Advanced> Scroll down to Multimedia> Check mark the option
"Play sounds in WebPages".

I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 and it didn't solve the problem

Suggestions or link to IE8 newsgroup for help.

a.baba
Blue Master

From: Hot-text on
in Internet Explorer 8
Go to http://www.minpin.ath.cx
for the Volume there is set 50%
the pay list is *.mid
if you hear Music playing you ok!

From: Alan Edwards on
Please try the IE7/IE8 group.
The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
In a proper newsreader:

If you must use a web interface:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
.....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 21:55:14 -0800, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "Ron Patterson"

From: Jolly Polly on
Ron Patterson wrote:
> Suddenly, the sound does not work in Internet Explorer 8 - Video links folks
> send me play fine - but no sound. All the songs in My Music play fine.
> All Windows sounds in other programs work.
>
> I have tried the following and the box is checked:
>
> Open Internet Explorer>Select Internet Options from the drop down menu under
> Tools>Select Advanced> Scroll down to Multimedia> Check mark the option
> "Play sounds in WebPages".
>
> I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 and it didn't solve the problem
>
> Suggestions or link to IE8 newsgroup for help.
>
> a.baba
> Blue Master

try an Internet Explorer reset
tools > internet options > advanced tab > reset
close and reopen browser, check sound
From: Hot-text on
Start Windows Media Player
Click on Tools
Click on Options
in Options Click on File Types
Click Select All
Click Apply
Click OK
Close Windows Media Player

Now your Internet Explorer 8
will play Music

"Hot-text" <hot-text(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> in Internet Explorer 8
> Go to http://www.minpin.ath.cx
> for the Volume there is set 50%
> the pay list is *.mid
> if you hear Music playing you ok!
>

> "Ron Patterson" <a.baba(a)mindspring.com> wrote in message
>> Suddenly, the sound does not work in Internet Explorer 8 - Video links
>> folks send me play fine - but no sound. All the songs in My Music play
>> fine. All Windows sounds in other programs work.
>>
>> I have tried the following and the box is checked:
>>
>> Open Internet Explorer>Select Internet Options from the drop down menu
>> under Tools>Select Advanced> Scroll down to Multimedia> Check mark the
>> option "Play sounds in WebPages".
>>
>> I have downloaded Adobe Flash Player 10 and it didn't solve the problem
>>
>> Suggestions or link to IE8 newsgroup for help.
>>
>> a.baba
>> Blue Master
>>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2