From: JenFruels on
Hi,
I'm using MS Word 2003, WinXP. I was trying to save a file as "Web Page,
Filtered" but the file was unable to be saved. Its message was "Cannot save
the file. 'psr20595_FIN.htm' is not a valid short file name (maximum eight
characters, plus a three-character file extension)". I was quite confused
because I am able to save other files having the same format. It was my first
time to come across such problem. Hope somebody could enlighten me. Thanks

From: Kenneth on
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:49:01 -0700, JenFruels
<JenFruels(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>psr20595_FIN.htm

Howdy,

That filename has 12 characters plus three for the extension
(htm). All the characters before the "." are counted.

What you want would be of the form: 12345678.123

All the best,
--
Kenneth

From: Kenneth on
On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:45:38 -0400, Kenneth
<usenet(a)soleSPAMLESSassociates.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 19:49:01 -0700, JenFruels
><JenFruels(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>psr20595_FIN.htm
>
>Howdy,
>
>That filename has 12 characters plus three for the extension
>(htm). All the characters before the "." are counted.
>
>What you want would be of the form: 12345678.123
>
>All the best,

Hi again,

I should have added that I have no idea WHY it wants a short
file name. I was only commenting in the fact that the
filename you use as the example does not fit the short
format.

All the best,
--
Kenneth

From: JenFruels on
Ok thanks. I was just a bit confusing because all the other files even having
more than 8 characters can be saved as "Web Paged, Filtered".