From: brabuhr on
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Brian Candler <b.candler(a)pobox.com> wrote:
> Michel Demazure wrote:
>> I switched sometime ago to 1.9 and my app now uses ordered hashes and
>> enumerators.
>
> Certainly there are cool new features in 1.9, and apparently improved
> speed. But these are outweighed for me by the total mess which is
> encodings.
>
>> But
>> 1.9.2 implies (or is it 1.9.x ?) - alas poor Yorick! -  changing
>> Regexp's : \d, \s,\w and the like work no more with utf-8 encodings!
>
> Care to share an example, or point to a blog with more details? I have
> an older 1.9.2 lying around, it doesn't seem to behave how you describe.

http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/tags/v1_9_2_preview3/NEWS
* \d, \s, and \w are now ASCII only; use POSIX bracket classes and \p{} for
Unicode semantics

The rationale is that many people expects \d and \s to match ASCII only.

From: Michel Demazure on
unknown wrote:

> http://svn.ruby-lang.org/repos/ruby/tags/v1_9_2_preview3/NEWS
> * \d, \s, and \w are now ASCII only; use POSIX bracket classes and \p{}
> for
> Unicode semantics

Yes, that was this post.
_md

From: Andreas S. on
Brian Candler wrote:
> So I suspect it's
> just the ruby-forum.com gateway which is broken.

It was, but it's fixed now and all posts have been added. Sorry for the
inconvenience.