From: Michel Demazure on
The Ruby Core forum has no new entry since four days ago.
Is it closed, broken ?
_md

From: Brian Candler on
Michel Demazure wrote:
> The Ruby Core forum has no new entry since four days ago.
> Is it closed, broken ?

When you say "forum" do you mean ruby-forum.com? That's just a mirror of
the mailing list, which you can find at
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/community/mailing-lists/

Follow the "archives" link to the official archive, there seems to be
reasonable level of activity in the last few days. So I suspect it's
just the ruby-forum.com gateway which is broken.

I have to say, the traffic on ruby-talk visible on ruby-forum.com has
dropped to a trickle too. I suspect we're only seeing things posted
directly here, rather than via the mailing list.

From: Michel Demazure on
Brian Candler wrote:
> Michel Demazure wrote:
>> The Ruby Core forum has no new entry since four days ago.
>> Is it closed, broken ?
>
> When you say "forum" do you mean ruby-forum.com?
Yes
> So I suspect it's
> just the ruby-forum.com gateway which is broken.
You must be right. Thanks.

BTW, Brian, do you have any idea about my post of two days ago (method
lookup) ?

_md

From: Michel Demazure on
Brian Candler wrote:
> Michel Demazure wrote:
> So I suspect it's
> just the ruby-forum.com gateway which is broken.

More : apparently the ruby core archives are also blocked at June 10th.
_md

From: Brian Candler on
Michel Demazure wrote:
> BTW, Brian, do you have any idea about my post of two days ago (method
> lookup) ?

You mean http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/211458 ?

No. I stay well clear of ruby 1.9.x.

ISTR that Rails 3 beta causes 1.9.1 to segfault, but it works with the
(unreleased) 1.9.2. So perhaps you could try one of the 1.9.2 previews.