From: Jeff on
I installed Word 2002 in my new Windows 7 laptop in addition to the
Office 2007 I had previously installed and noticed something weird when
I create a numbered list as I type.

The way I recall it, when I want to go to next level of numbering I
would press enter, and when the next number in sequence appeared I would
hit tab to move it to the next indented level. Now, when I hit tab, it
does nothing. If I go to the number and hit tab, it deletes the number
and moves the text one level forward. I cannot create a sublevel.

Is there a Word option I am missing? I went to AutoCorrect options and
both autoformat and autoformat as yout type screens and both have
numbered lists selected. Not sure what else to do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Jeff
From: Jeff on
On 4/18/2010 4:58 PM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
> I installed Word 2002 in my new Windows 7 laptop in addition to the
> Office 2007 I had previously installed and noticed something weird when
> I create a numbered list as I type.
>
> The way I recall it, when I want to go to next level of numbering I
> would press enter, and when the next number in sequence appeared I would
> hit tab to move it to the next indented level. Now, when I hit tab, it
> does nothing. If I go to the number and hit tab, it deletes the number
> and moves the text one level forward. I cannot create a sublevel.
>
> Is there a Word option I am missing? I went to AutoCorrect options and
> both autoformat and autoformat as yout type screens and both have
> numbered lists selected. Not sure what else to do.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Jeff
Wanted to add that both Words were installed in their separate folders.

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat
As You Type: check the box for "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and
backspaces."

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jeff on
On 4/18/2010 6:41 PM, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
> Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options |
> AutoFormat As You Type: check the box for "Set left- and first-indent
> with tabs and backspaces."

That was it. Thank you very much.

Pages: 1
Prev: Dotted Line Removal