From: SunRace on
Hello,

When I am trying to use objUser.SetPassword = strPSW - strPSW is being
picked up from Excel cell.
I am getting "object dose not support this property or method" error. But
when I define objUser.SetPassword = "Password" it works.
Basically I have worked out random password generation in excel and I want
to pickup the randomly generated and unique passwords from excel itself
My user creation script works with objUser.SetPassword = "Password" method
but that gives me repetition in passwords. Could some one help me with the
right use of objUser.SetPassword object so that I can use random values
with it?

Thanks & Regards
Suraj Jadhav

From: Richard Mueller on
SunRace wrote:

> When I am trying to use objUser.SetPassword = strPSW - strPSW is being
> picked up from Excel cell.
> I am getting "object dose not support this property or method" error. But
> when I define objUser.SetPassword = "Password" it works.
> Basically I have worked out random password generation in excel and I want
> to pickup the randomly generated and unique passwords from excel itself
> My user creation script works with objUser.SetPassword = "Password" method
> but that gives me repetition in passwords. Could some one help me with the
> right use of objUser.SetPassword object so that I can use random values
> with it?
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Suraj Jadhav

Hi,

Is it possible your passwords are numbers that need to be converted to
strings with the CStr function? I assume you retrieve the value with code
similar to:

strPSW = CStr(objSheet.Cells(j, k).Value)

Of course the passwords must satisfy domain constraints on length,
complexity, etc. However, you error message sounds more like objUser does
not refer to a user object. Or, perhaps in your context you lack
permissions.

--
Richard
Microsoft MVP Scripting and ADSI

From: SunRace on
Hello,

Solved - actually I was using wrong code... I mean I used
objUser.SetPassword strPSW) and it worked!