From: Joe L on
Hi,

My company uses Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 clients. Some of our Sales
staff have access to additional shared mailboxes but we often find that
Outlook 2007 stops downloading new emails and this event is registered on our
server:

Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user" exceeded the
maximum of 500 objects of type objtFolder

I've read this article about how to change my server's maximum:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx

But what I really want to know is how many folders are actually in each
mailbox so I can make a sensible decision on what the new maximum limit
should be.

Does anyone know of a command to find out how many folders are in each
mailbox? I have looked at the get-mailboxfolderstatistics command but there
is no option I can see for this?

All the best,
Joe
From: RAM on
On Apr 30, 9:01 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:33:02 -0700, Joe L
>

> <J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> >My company uses Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 clients. Some of our Sales
> >staff have access to additional shared mailboxes but we often find that
> >Outlook 2007 stops downloading new emails and this event is registered on our
> >server:

> >Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user" exceeded the
> >maximum of 500 objects of type objtFolder
>
> >I've read this article about how to change my server's maximum:
> >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx
>
> >But what I really want to know is how manyfoldersare actually in each
> >mailboxso I can make a sensible decision on what the new maximum limit
> >should be.
>
> >Does anyone know of a command to find out how manyfoldersare in each
> >mailbox? I have looked at the get-mailboxfolderstatistics command but there
> >is no option I can see for this?
>
> Try this:
> (get-mailboxfolderstatistics x...(a)domain.com).count
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP- Hide quoted text -

I was looking for this too. Your method work great, Rich, but it
counts all kinds of (hidden) system folders in the user's mailbox. I
tried to include "where-object {$_.foldertype -eq 'user created'}" but
that didn't display ANYTHING. Is there a way to find just the number
of user-created folders?

-RAM
From: RAM on
On May 21, 3:30 pm, RAM <rmilbr...(a)gfnet.com> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 9:01 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
>

> <richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 08:33:02 -0700, Joe L
>
> > <J...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >Hi,
>
> > >My company uses Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007 clients. Some of our Sales
> > >staff have access to additional shared mailboxes but we often find that
> > >Outlook 2007 stops downloading new emails and this event is registered on our
> > >server:

> > >Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user" exceeded the
> > >maximum of 500 objects of type objtFolder
>
> > >I've read this article about how to change my server's maximum:
> > >http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676486(EXCHG.80).aspx
>
> > >But what I really want to know is how manyfoldersare actually in each
> > >mailboxso I can make a sensible decision on what the new maximum limit
> > >should be.
>
> > >Does anyone know of a command to find out how manyfoldersare in each
> > >mailbox? I have looked at the get-mailboxfolderstatistics command but there
> > >is no option I can see for this?
>
> > Try this:
> > (get-mailboxfolderstatistics x...(a)domain.com).count
> > ---
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP- Hide quoted text -

> I was looking for this too. Your method work great, Rich, but it
> counts all kinds of (hidden) systemfoldersin the user'smailbox. I
> tried to include "where-object {$_.foldertype -eq 'user created'}" but
> that didn't display ANYTHING. Is there a way to find just the number
> of user-createdfolders?
>
> -RAM- Hide quoted text -

Never mind - i was incorrect. this DOES give an accurate count of what
the user sees in Outlook. I thought they wouldn't see some of the
folders because their FolderType was not 'user created'.

-RAM