From: carl43m on
I have Home and Student Office 2007 on my desktop and laptop. On my desktop
I have set up file sharing for "everyone" with permissions for
access/read/write/modify,etc. I have two laptops--one with xp and that
laptop can access and change the files with no problems whatsoever. However,
my new windows 7 64 bit OS can access the office files on my desktop but if I
try to modify any of them, when I do a save command I get the message that it
is a "read only " file. I right click on the files and it has no check mark
in the read only box. Someone told me it is some type of built in security
by microsoft and that I have to do something special to make the file
available for another pc on the network to be able to modify it. I have
tried saving a couple of test files as .docx and .xlsx but that still doesn't
seem to help me out any.
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
You may want to ask this question in an Office newsgroup which would be much
more appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the
Microsoft Access database product which is not even included in Home and
Student. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: 福田 on