From: houghi on
When doing a `man man` you now get the option of what manpage you see.
In the past this was not the case. I tried looking up how to create the
old behaviour, but could not find it. Anybody an idea?

I also looked in man man and in /etc/manpath.config and found nothing. I
think it was once explained in a release note, but found again nothing.

houghi
--
It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle
From: David Bolt on
On Sunday 03 Jan 2010 16:55, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=opensuse+man+manpage+behaviour

> I also looked in man man and in /etc/manpath.config and found nothing. I
> think it was once explained in a release note, but found again nothing.

Release notes from 11.1?

http://www.novell.com/linux/releasenotes/i586/openSUSE/11.1/#04

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
openSUSE 11.0 32b | | openSUSE 11.2 32b |
From: Vlad_Inhaler on
On Jan 3, 11:29 pm, houghi <hou...(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> David Bolt wrote:
> >> I also looked in man man and in /etc/manpath.config and found nothing. I
> >> think it was once explained in a release note, but found again nothing..
>
> > Release notes from 11.1?
>
> >http://www.novell.com/linux/releasenotes/i586/openSUSE/11.1/#04
>
> I had that link open. No idea why I did not read it. Must be going
> senile as well.
>
> houghi
> --
> Quote correct   (NL)http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/
> Zitiere richtig (DE)http://www.afaik.de/usenet/faq/zitieren
> Quote correctly (EN)http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

senile? File under 'old man' behaviour!
From: Vahis on
On 2010-01-04, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
>> senile? File under 'old man' behaviour!
>
> No no no. Old Man behaviour is driving too slow with your blinkers on on
> the left lane with a hat on.

Funny you mentioned "hats on".

That seems to be a common behavior in all the 29 countries I've been
driving in :)

The male ones with their hats on are very predictable though.
Sigh. Even too predictable.

But then again, the females with their hats on.
They are hundred per cent unpredictable. Everywhere.

Vahis
--
"Sunrise 9:25am (EET), sunset 3:25pm (EET) at Espoo, FI (6:00 hours daylight)"
http://waxborg.servepics.com
From: Vlad_Inhaler on
On Jan 4, 5:29 pm, houghi <hou...(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> Vlad_Inhaler wrote:
> > senile?  File under 'old man' behaviour!
>
> No no no. Old Man behaviour is driving too slow with your blinkers on on
> the left lane with a hat on.
>
> houghi

Not in the UK!
Having dragged this thread off-topic, I'll pull my woolly hat on (its
cold out there), abandon the thread and drive off into the distance.