From: Nick Keighley on
On 11 May, 09:29, Richard Heathfield <r...(a)see.sig.invalid> wrote:
> Nick Keighley wrote:

> > both versions of the algorithm gave the same complexity measurement in
> > a tool I have. They both rated 5 for cyclometric complexity.
>
> McCabe, by any chance?

it just says "cyclometric". From the tool makers website:-

"Cyclomatic -- Cyclomatic complexity as per the original NIST paper on
the subject. Edges - Nodes + Connected Components."

> If so, how does the visual rep of the code come out? Which *looks* simpler?

the early exit version looks simpler on a graph (honestly!). But the
EE for-loops get graphed as single nodes whilst SE for-loops warrent
extra edges on the graph. I'm slightly surprised they gave the measure
considering the graphs look so different.

From: Richard Heathfield on
Nick Keighley wrote:
> On 11 May, 09:29, Richard Heathfield <r...(a)see.sig.invalid> wrote:
>> Nick Keighley wrote:
>
>>> both versions of the algorithm gave the same complexity measurement in
>>> a tool I have. They both rated 5 for cyclometric complexity.
>> McCabe, by any chance?
>
> it just says "cyclometric".

I meant the tool maker's software. If you're not using McCabe, I guess
you're using "Understand"?

> From the tool makers website:-
>
> "Cyclomatic -- Cyclomatic complexity as per the original NIST paper on
> the subject. Edges - Nodes + Connected Components."
>
>> If so, how does the visual rep of the code come out? Which *looks* simpler?
>
> the early exit version looks simpler on a graph (honestly!).

Any chance of a PNG (or BMP) of each? If you don't want to use your own
Web space for this, you could perhaps email them to me, and I'll
cheerfully find some scratch space for them.

Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Sig line vacant - apply within
From: Nick Keighley on
On 11 May, 10:07, Richard Heathfield <r...(a)see.sig.invalid> wrote:
> Nick Keighley wrote:

> >> McCabe, by any chance?
>
> > it just says "cyclometric".
>
> I meant the tool maker's software.

ah, sorry I thought you were asking "which cyclometric complexity"

> If you're not using McCabe, I guess
> you're using "Understand"?

yup

> > From the tool makers website:-
>
> > "Cyclomatic -- Cyclomatic complexity as per the original NIST paper on
> > the subject. Edges - Nodes + Connected Components."
>
> >> If so, how does the visual rep of the code come out? Which *looks* simpler?
>
> > the early exit version looks simpler on a graph (honestly!).
>
> Any chance of a PNG (or BMP) of each? If you don't want to use your own
> Web space for this, you could perhaps email them to me, and I'll
> cheerfully find some scratch space for them.

PDF? (not my choice but Understand's). Haven't got access to my
webspace at present so I can email them. Is PDF ok or would you like
something else (I'll only alt-print screen them)
From: Nick Keighley on
On 11 May, 11:36, Nick Keighley <nick_keighley_nos...(a)hotmail.com>
wrote:
> On 11 May, 10:07, Richard Heathfield <r...(a)see.sig.invalid> wrote:
>
> > Nick Keighley wrote:

> > > it just says "cyclometric".
>
> > I meant the tool maker's software.
>
> ah, sorry I thought you were asking "which cyclometric complexity"
>
> > If you're not using McCabe, I guess
> > you're using "Understand"?
>
> yup
>
> > > From the tool makers website:-
>
> > > "Cyclomatic -- Cyclomatic complexity as per the original NIST paper on
> > > the subject. Edges - Nodes + Connected Components."

> > > the early exit version looks simpler on a graph (honestly!).
>
> > Any chance of a PNG (or BMP) of each? If you don't want to use your own
> > Web space for this, you could perhaps email them to me, and I'll
> > cheerfully find some scratch space for them.
>
> PDF? (not my choice but Understand's). Haven't got access to my
> webspace at present so I can email them. Is PDF ok or would you like
> something else (I'll only alt-print screen them)

the files are faily small so i sent them anyway. they went to an
charlie pappa alpha xylophone email address
From: Richard Heathfield on
Nick Keighley wrote:

<snip>

> Is PDF ok or would you like
> something else (I'll only alt-print screen them)

PDF works - I can probably convert it into something sensible.

Email: -http://www. +rjh@
Sig line vacant - apply within
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4