From: Ivan Marsh on
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a pre-built application I can load up on an Apache server to
allow secure web based file sharing so I can get rid of our FTP server and
use https.

I'd like to be able to provide an upload/download repository for client
companies with accounts for specific employees of those companies to get at
the client repository. But making sure the various clients have no access
to each others files.

Any suggestions?

thx-

--
"All right, all right, if it will make you happy, I will overthrow society."
  - Philip J. Fry
From: J.O. Aho on
Ivan Marsh wrote:

> I'm looking for a pre-built application I can load up on an Apache server to
> allow secure web based file sharing so I can get rid of our FTP server and
> use https.

Use ssh with scp (for windroidz there is winscp).

--

//Aho
From: Ivan Marsh on
J.O. Aho wrote:

> Ivan Marsh wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a pre-built application I can load up on an Apache server
>> to allow secure web based file sharing so I can get rid of our FTP server
>> and use https.
>
> Use ssh with scp (for windroidz there is winscp).

I want the only application necessary on the client machine to be a web
browser.

From: J.O. Aho on
Ivan Marsh wrote:
> J.O. Aho wrote:
>
>> Ivan Marsh wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking for a pre-built application I can load up on an Apache server
>>> to allow secure web based file sharing so I can get rid of our FTP server
>>> and use https.
>> Use ssh with scp (for windroidz there is winscp).
>
> I want the only application necessary on the client machine to be a web
> browser.

Go to freshmeat and look for a web based file manager, run it over https and
hope it has some built in login system.

--

//Aho
From: Ivan Marsh on
J.O. Aho wrote:

> Ivan Marsh wrote:
>> J.O. Aho wrote:

>>> Use ssh with scp (for windroidz there is winscp).
>>
>> I want the only application necessary on the client machine to be a web
>> browser.
>
> Go to freshmeat and look for a web based file manager, run it over https
> and hope it has some built in login system.

Yeah... I searched sourceforge; I'll try freshmeat.

The closeset thing I've found so far is File-Thingy.

http://www.solitude.dk/filethingie/