From: Matthew on
I've set up an exchange account on outlook 2007, loaded my .pst folder from
my old pop account and then transfered all my subfolders/old email over to
the exchange account. But when I log into my web based exchange account all
I see are the subfolders, there are no messages. I am assuming there is some
way to maybe mark the messages for upload or resolve the two folders but I
can't seem to find that setting anywhere. Is there some sort of setting
somewhere?

It also might be related to the fact that there are about 30 subfolders with
close to 1000 emails...

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Matthew" <billgates(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I've set up an exchange account on outlook 2007, loaded my .pst folder from
> my old pop account and then transfered all my subfolders/old email over to
> the exchange account.

State exactly how you did this.

> But when I log into my web based exchange account all I see are the
> subfolders, there are no messages. I am assuming there is some way to maybe
> mark the messages for upload or resolve the two folders but I can't seem to
> find that setting anywhere. Is there some sort of setting somewhere?

To what (Exchange or a PST) have you set the delivery location?

> It also might be related to the fact that there are about 30 subfolders with
> close to 1000 emails...

1,000 messages are as nothing to Outlook or Exchange. Perhaps you have a view
incorrectly hiding items.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Matthew on

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Matthew" <billgates(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> I've set up an exchange account on outlook 2007, loaded my .pst folder
>> from my old pop account and then transfered all my subfolders/old email
>> over to the exchange account.
>
> State exactly how you did this.

Welll my exchange hosting company provided a pre-generated script that set
up/installed the Exchange account, then I opened Outlook under the Exchange
profile and selected File>Open>Outlook Data file and then when it opened I
right clicked on each subfolder and coppied it to the Exchange profile.

>> But when I log into my web based exchange account all I see are the
>> subfolders, there are no messages. I am assuming there is some way to
>> maybe mark the messages for upload or resolve the two folders but I can't
>> seem to find that setting anywhere. Is there some sort of setting
>> somewhere?
>
> To what (Exchange or a PST) have you set the delivery location?

well the provided script set all that up but it looks like it is going to
the hosts exchange server... EXMBXVS01.infoquest.com

>> It also might be related to the fact that there are about 30 subfolders
>> with close to 1000 emails...
>
> 1,000 messages are as nothing to Outlook or Exchange. Perhaps you have a
> view incorrectly hiding items.

It looks like it is sending a few of the messages to the server, but it
seems to be taking an extremely long time. of the 30 odd folders only about
7 or 8 have uploaded. I guess it's just an issue with my host?!?!

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> It looks like it is sending a few of the messages to the server, but it
> seems to be taking an extremely long time. of the 30 odd folders only about
> 7 or 8 have uploaded. I guess it's just an issue with my host?!?!

Are you using a DSL link? If so, remember that most (all?) DSL connections
are asymmetric. Speeds from your PC to the ISP are limited to 256K or 512K
bps even iff speeds to your PC show as 1.5M or 3M bps. That's going to make a
difference when populating the host folders.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Matthew on

> "Matthew" <billgates(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> It looks like it is sending a few of the messages to the server, but it
>> seems to be taking an extremely long time. of the 30 odd folders only
>> about 7 or 8 have uploaded. I guess it's just an issue with my host?!?!
>
> Are you using a DSL link? If so, remember that most (all?) DSL
> connections are asymmetric. Speeds from your PC to the ISP are limited to
> 256K or 512K bps even iff speeds to your PC show as 1.5M or 3M bps.
> That's going to make a difference when populating the host folders.
> --
ahh.. I am indeed on DSL! Sorry, that never occured to me, I am so used to
being on Fiber Optic at home that I forget how limited we are at the office.

Just out of curiosity would you know in OWA 2007 if it's possible to set up
a favorite folders section at the top of the mail folders like you can in
Outlook 2007? If not it's no big deal... just thought I'd ask while I was in
here.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: updates