From: Giggle Girl on
I have a very simple "hover menu", which you can see at:

http://s161149005.onlinehome.us/DEMOS/FF/HMENU/main/default.htm

Once you "pop it up", I want it to disappear if you mouse away from it
without clicking anything. It works using "onmouseleave" in IE.

I need it to work in Firefox!

Can someone show me a way to do this?

Thanks,
Ann

From: Aaron Gray on
> Once you "pop it up", I want it to disappear if you mouse away from it
> without clicking anything. It works using "onmouseleave" in IE.
>
> I need it to work in Firefox!
>
> Can someone show me a way to do this?

I believe "onmouseexit()" should work on both IE and FireFox.

Aaron

From: Giggle Girl on

Aaron Gray wrote:
> > Once you "pop it up", I want it to disappear if you mouse away from it
> > without clicking anything. It works using "onmouseleave" in IE.
> >
> > I need it to work in Firefox!
> >
> > Can someone show me a way to do this?
>
> I believe "onmouseexit()" should work on both IE and FireFox.
>
> Aaron

Hmm.. I substituted

with

and it didn't work... But I will do a search and see if I got the
syntax right... maybe I have to "bind" it differently?

Ann

From: petermichaux on

Giggle Girl wrote:
> Aaron Gray wrote:
> > > Once you "pop it up", I want it to disappear if you mouse away from it
> > > without clicking anything. It works using "onmouseleave" in IE.
> > >
> > > I need it to work in Firefox!
> > >
> > > Can someone show me a way to do this?

I think you want onmouseout.

Peter

From: Giggle Girl on

petermichaux(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Giggle Girl wrote:

> I think you want onmouseout.
>
> Peter

Onmouseout doesn't work at all.

When it encounters a contained div or table, it fires, so it totally
fails for my purposes. Thanks for the thought, though. I did try it
when I was making this thing before posting...

Ann