From: S-Y. Chen on
Dear All,

I am wondering if it possible to open a channel for a text widget, so
that I can do something like

puts $channel [format " *** hello there"]

Thanks for the help in advance

Regards
S-Y. Chen

From: Donald G Porter on
S-Y. Chen wrote:
> I am wondering if it possible to open a channel for a text widget,...

See the Tk [console].

DGP
From: S-Y. Chen on
On Jul 2, 11:23 pm, Donald G Porter <d...(a)nist.gov> wrote:
> S-Y. Chen wrote:
> > I am wondering if it possible to open a channel for a text widget,...
>
> See the Tk [console].
>
> DGP

Actually.....I want to use "puts" to write something into the text
widget, just as writing to the file

Regards
S-Y. Chen
From: Donald G Porter on
S-Y. Chen wrote:
> On Jul 2, 11:23 pm, Donald G Porter <d...(a)nist.gov> wrote:
>> S-Y. Chen wrote:
>>> I am wondering if it possible to open a channel for a text widget,...
>> See the Tk [console].
>>
>> DGP
>
> Actually.....I want to use "puts" to write something into the text
> widget, just as writing to the file

Yes, that's how the Tk [console] works. See it as an example of how
to do what you are asking about.

DGP
From: S-Y. Chen on
On Jul 3, 12:24 am, Donald G Porter <d...(a)nist.gov> wrote:
> S-Y. Chen wrote:
> >> See the Tk [console].
>
> >> DGP
>
> > Actually.....I want to use "puts" to write something into the text
> > widget, just as writing to the file
>
> Yes, that's how the Tk [console] works.  See it as an example of how
> to do what you are asking about.
>
> DGP

well.....can anyone give a simple example for this ? I really have no
clue about how to do it......

Regards
S-Y. Chen