From: SenseShankar on
Thanks for posting the info.

From your response posted
> I recall when I authored my .chm file, there were properties like which
> toolbar button should be shown at startup. Maybe these are settings in the
> .chm file itself?

Can you be a little elaborate? heres what i want to understand
1) you mean theres an option to configure the output .chm file in the
ROBOHELP project settings itself ? If so, I tried and could not find one, plz
suggest how?
2) Or, you mean to say while launching the .chm through HTMLhelp() from
code,some parameters exist to hide the TOC (tripane) ?

Plz clarify,

Thanks,
Shankar.
-
Thanks in advance,
Shankar G.

From: David Ching on
> Can you be a little elaborate? heres what i want to understand
> 1) you mean theres an option to configure the output .chm file in the
> ROBOHELP project settings itself ? If so, I tried and could not find one,
> plz
> suggest how?
> 2) Or, you mean to say while launching the .chm through HTMLhelp() from
> code,some parameters exist to hide the TOC (tripane) ?

Hi Shankar, I meant (1), but years ago I used a product called ForeHelp and
I've never used RoboHelp. Sorry.....

-- David

From: Tom Serface on
ForeHelp was a great product. I was sorry that it didn't become more
popular.

Tom

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I found it vastly superior to RoboHelp; for one thing, it didn't require doing
weird-looking Word tricks whose appearance could not be verified until you built the help
system and tested it.
joe

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 08:32:06 -0700, "Tom Serface" <tom(a)camaswood.com> wrote:

>ForeHelp was a great product. I was sorry that it didn't become more
>popular.
>
>Tom
>
>"David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote in message
>> "SenseShankar" <SenseShankar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Can you be a little elaborate? heres what i want to understand
>>> 1) you mean theres an option to configure the output .chm file in the
>>> ROBOHELP project settings itself ? If so, I tried and could not find one,
>>> plz
>>> suggest how?
>>> 2) Or, you mean to say while launching the .chm through HTMLhelp() from
>>> code,some parameters exist to hide the TOC (tripane) ?
>>>

>> Hi Shankar, I meant (1), but years ago I used a product called ForeHelp
>> and I've never used RoboHelp. Sorry.....
>>
>> -- David
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: David Ching on
It's really sad they went out of business. They had a going out of business
sale so I bought the latest and greatest suite for a great price. My memory
is hazy, but the lady taking my order said it was like a family business
with two brothers doing the programming (the lady was one of the brother's
wife), and they had decided to quit. Very sad, you pour your heart into
making a best of breed app, but technically inferior products succeed
because their owners were lucky/savvy enough to get into bed with the big
boys with big pockets, and you didn't.

I also feel for CodeJock and Kirk S. who got upended when MS chose that
inferior BCGSoft product to base the MFC Feature Pack on.

-- David