From: Rick Rothstein on
No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
(which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... in
this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** event
code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one with
Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet for
the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next,
save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
enabled macros to run, that is).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Gord Dibben on
2003 version.

With the workbooks open. File>Save Workspace.

To see the workbooks on the Taskbar....Tools>Options>View>Windows in
Taskbar.

Gord

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5

From: Johnnyboy5 on
On 6 June, 16:02, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> 2003 version.
>
> With the workbooks open.  File>Save Workspace.
>
> To see the workbooks on the Taskbar....Tools>Options>View>Windows in
> Taskbar.
>
> Gord
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
>

> <intermediatec...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 5 June, 18:05, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> >> See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.
>
> >> Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.
>
> >> View>Save Workspace.
>
> >> Default name is resume...........extension .xlw
>
> >> Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.
>
> >> I will use  mywkspace
>
> >> Now close all workbooks.
>
> >> Open mywkspace.xlw  and all books will open.
>
> >> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

> >Thanks kind of works,  but I would like each workbook (4 of them) to
> >appear as tabs at the bottom)
>
> >oh I am using Excel 2003

Thanks

John
From: Johnnyboy5 on
On 5 June, 21:22, "Rick Rothstein"
<rick.newsNO.S...(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
> Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
> (which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... in
> this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** event
> code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one with
> Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
> ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet for
> the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next,
> save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
> Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
> enabled macros to run, that is).
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
> >> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>
> >> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
> >> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
> >> End Sub
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Per

> > Hi
>
> > cant get it to work ?  is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> > johnnyboy

Thnaks Rick - Think I have got it now, one last question how do I
keep the "main" workbook open and the others are open but as tabs at
the bottom, just right now the last workbook in the list that is
opened is the one that is presented in Excel and the others including
the "main sheet" are open as Tabs.

Many thanks for your time. Johhny

From: Johnnyboy5 on
On 6 June, 22:37, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 June, 21:22, "Rick Rothstein"
>

> <rick.newsNO.S...(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote:
> > No, the "codesheet" is not the same as a macro. A macro is placed in a
> > Module (Insert/Module from the VB editor's menu bar) whereas event code
> > (which is what the Workbook_Open procedure is) goes on a "codesheet"... in
> > this case, the codesheet for the workbook (because it is **workbook** event
> > code). When in the VB editor, look at the Project Window (it is the one with
> > Sheet1, Sheet1 and other stuff in it). Do you see the entry marked
> > ThisWorkbook? Double click it. That should have opened up the codesheet for
> > the workbook... copy/paste the Workbook_Open code procedure into it. Next,
> > save your workbook. That's it... next time you open the workbook, the
> > Workbook_Open code you just copy/pasted should run (assuming you have
> > enabled macros to run, that is).
>
> > --
> > Rick (MVP - Excel)
>
> > "Johnnyboy5" <intermediatec...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi
>
> > > cant get it to work ?  is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?
>
> > > johnnyboy
>
> Thnaks Rick - Think I have got it now,  one last question how do I
> keep the "main" workbook open and the others are open but as tabs at
> the bottom,  just right now the last workbook in the list that is
> opened is the one that is presented in Excel and the others including
> the "main sheet" are open as Tabs.
>
> Many thanks for your time.  Johhny

Hi

just sorted it, I added the "main" sheets name to the bottom of the
workbook list and it goes there after the others have also loaded

work like a dream... many thanks

Johnny