From: Johnnyboy5 on
I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
it.

thanks everyone
From: Per Jessen on
Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
End Sub

Regards,
Per

From: Gord Dibben on
See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.

Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.

View>Save Workspace.

Default name is resume...........extension .xlw

Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.

I will use mywkspace

Now close all workbooks.

Open mywkspace.xlw and all books will open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Johnnyboy5 on
On 5 June, 17:56, Per Jessen <perjesse...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Use this simple event code, just remember to insert it into the
> codesheet ThisWorkbook in the first workbook you open.
>
> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
> Workbooks.Open ("Book2.xls") ' Change as required
> Workbooks.Open ("Book3.xls")
> Workbooks.Open ("Book4.xls")
> End Sub
>
> Regards,
> Per
>
> On 5 Jun., 18:47, Johnnyboy5 <intermediatec...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>

> > I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
> > by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
> > it.
>
> > thanks  everyone

Hi

cant get it to work ? is the "codesheet" the same as a macro ?

johnnyboy
From: Johnnyboy5 on
On 5 June, 18:05, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> See help on saving a set of files as a workspace.
>
> Basics are.............open your 3 or 4 workbooks.
>
> View>Save Workspace.
>
> Default name is resume...........extension .xlw
>
> Give your workspace whatever name you like and save.
>
> I will use  mywkspace
>
> Now close all workbooks.
>
> Open mywkspace.xlw  and all books will open.
>
> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:47:35 -0700 (PDT), Johnnyboy5
>

> <intermediatec...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> >I would like to repeatly open the same workbooks at the same time just
> >by selecting just one book and the other three or four will open with
> >it.
>
> >thanks  everyone

Thanks kind of works, but I would like each workbook (4 of them) to
appear as tabs at the bottom)

oh I am using Excel 2003