From: t on
On 4/18/2010 7:43 PM, Echo S wrote:
> I'd probably try having IT reinstate his email address, then when you
> open the file, request read permissions from the author.

Generally, they(main IT dept) create a email account when a new employee
comes and remove it when he is gone. Don't know if they will or can(they
may have to recreate a new account) reinstate his email address.

>Then log onto
> that newly created email address and give the read permissions.
>
> You may have to set up some IRM credentials as though you were the
> previous employee. You'd probably need to know the password to the
> Windows Live ID that's associated with his corporate email account,
> though. Do you think he might remember that?

Have to check with him on that. If not, is there no other way?

From: t on
On 4/18/2010 8:57 PM, Echo S wrote:
> Hm. I don't know of any way around this type of restricted permission,
> sorry.

That's fine. Thanks for your time.