From: farmgirl on
I am having trouble publishing my new website from Sibername.com. I get an
error message ">Cannot connect to raywayagautoparts.ca using fsockopen,
please make sure raywayagautoparts.ca resolve to the server correctly and
outgoing TCP port 80 is opened.<" How do I do this? Can anyone help? I am
a novice when it comes to computers.
From: Shenan Stanley on
farmgirl wrote:
> I am having trouble publishing my new website from Sibername.com.
> I get an error message ">Cannot connect to raywayagautoparts.ca
> using fsockopen, please make sure raywayagautoparts.ca resolve to
> the server correctly and outgoing TCP port 80 is opened.<" How do
> I do this? Can anyone help? I am a novice when it comes to
> computers.

Have you contacted their technical support?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: nass on

"farmgirl" wrote:

> I am having trouble publishing my new website from Sibername.com. I get an
> error message ">Cannot connect to raywayagautoparts.ca using fsockopen,
> please make sure raywayagautoparts.ca resolve to the server correctly and
> outgoing TCP port 80 is opened.<" How do I do this? Can anyone help? I am
> a novice when it comes to computers.

Hi Ray,
First off, you need to check your PHP script and see the parameters been
assigned to the code to be executed or in a simple words the commands been
assigned in the PHP script!

From the name of your domain I can see that you need to make a public Folder
and private folder for your Password secure ( like Log in, Shopping
Basket...etc). This can accomplished by the CHOMD permission command in the
website directory and you have to read more about the CHMOD command to
understand how to set it up to allow and deny access.

Example of the CHMOD commands:
R = Read
W = Write
X = Execute
644 rw-r--r--
664 rw-rw-r--
666 rw-rw-rw-
755 rwxr-xr-x

Cannot connect to www.yourDomain.com using fsockopen, please make sure
www.yourDomain.com resolve to the server correctly and outgoing TCP port 80
is opened.

http://www.rvsitebuilder.com/faqweb/index.php?action=artikel&cat=7&id=19&artlang=en

fsockopen
http://php.net/manual/en/function.fsockopen.php

If the above didn't help try to read the manual set up for your site from
the Cpanel from your hosting provider or contact them.

HTH
nass
---
http://www.nasstec.co.uk