From: Coll on
I have a main form with a combo box of employee ids. I am trying to
set it up so the user can select a value from the combo box, click a
command button, open a new form displaying just that record. The new
form has a subform with the common field of employee id, and I'd also
like to have the subform display the record that matches the employee
id in the combo box of the first form. Initially I set it up using the
wizard, and the main form was opening correctly, but the subform was
not displaying the correct record. I tried various things, but could
only resolve the subform if I put criteria in the query that it's
based on under the employee id field - basically had it look to the ee
id field on the second form. Now the subform opens properly but the
main form that it's a part of no longer opens to the correct record.
i'm looking for a simple solution (not too technical if possible)
which will create the functionality I want. I'm hoping to do this
through the forms and not using my queries (if possible) as I had
hoped to use those queries for other purposes that would not involve
filtering/criteria. Also, I thought of combining my queries so I would
not need a subform, but one query's field would be updateable, but the
other one should not, and my assumption is that if I join those
queries, the fields won't be updateable.