From: Hugh Momoka on
I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having
it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided
settings > control panel > mouse > activities which included an "orintation"
setting. My newer one doesn't have "activities". Is this something to do with
"Intellipoint"?
From: Bruce Chambers on
Hugh Momoka wrote:
> I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having
> it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided
> settings > control panel > mouse > activities which included an "orintation"
> setting. My newer one doesn't have "activities". Is this something to do with
> "Intellipoint"?

Most likely, yes. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers that came
with the trackball?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Hugh Momoka on

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Hugh Momoka wrote:
> > I like to move my MS optical trackball with my fingertips. This means having
> > it "upside down" (cord towards me). On my previous computer, XP provided
> > settings > control panel > mouse > activities which included an "orintation"
> > setting. My newer one doesn't have "activities". Is this something to do with
> > "Intellipoint"?
>

> Most likely, yes. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers that came
> with the trackball?
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers

Thank you. I thought they hadn't come with the computer, but you prompted me
to look harder, and I found them (a CD called "Microsoft Intellipoint
4.1")and it works perfectly.
From: smlunatick on

Intellipoint 7 drivers are freely available on www.microsoft/com/hardware