From: happy on
I am searching for the best ebooks for :
1-database systems
2-oracle 11 sql/pl
3-oracle 11 developer

Please recommend them for me .

Also I need to know the codes of those oracle tests : oracle 11
developer , oracle 11 sql/pl.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
From: hpuxrac on
On Dec 28, 4:33 pm, happy <ehabaziz2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> I am searching for the best ebooks for :
> 1-database systems
> 2-oracle 11 sql/pl
> 3-oracle 11 developer
>
> Please recommend them for me .
>
> Also I need to know the codes of those oracle tests :  oracle 11
> developer , oracle 11 sql/pl.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Thanks

Dunno about ebooks but try purchasing and reading anything by Tom Kyte
or Jonathan Lewis.

As a starting point Tom Kyte's Expert Oracle Database Architecture is
a good idea.

All of the oracle vendor documentation ( and most of it is pretty
good ) is available online free try http://tahiti.oracle.com
From: Mark D Powell on
On Dec 28, 4:56 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur...(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Dec 28, 4:33 pm, happy <ehabaziz2...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> snip
>
> > I am searching for the best ebooks for :
> > 1-database systems
> > 2-oracle 11 sql/pl
> > 3-oracle 11 developer
>
> > Please recommend them for me .
>
> > Also I need to know the codes of those oracle tests :  oracle 11
> > developer , oracle 11 sql/pl.
>
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> > Thanks
>
> Dunno about ebooks but try purchasing and reading anything by Tom Kyte
> or Jonathan Lewis.
>
> As a starting point Tom Kyte's Expert Oracle Database Architecture is
> a good idea.
>
> All of the oracle vendor documentation ( and most of it is pretty
> good ) is available online free tryhttp://tahiti.oracle.com

I went to the primary Oracle web site www.oracle.com and did a search
on Oracle Certified Profession which lead me to

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=39&p_org_id=1001&lang=US

which in turn lead me to a page with the 11g OCP test requirements for
database associate, professional, and master listed at

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=198&p_org_id=&lang=

HTH -- Mark D Powell --
From: Mladen Gogala on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:46:30 -0800, Mark D Powell wrote:

> which in turn lead me to a page with the 11g OCP test requirements for
> database associate, professional, and master listed at

How can I become a DBA 2.0? I am an old hack, very well versed in log
files, various forms of Unix, Perl, PHP, event based tuning and I would
need to surgically remove approximately 50% of my brain in order to
attain that glorious goal.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: joel garry on
On Dec 31, 5:37 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:46:30 -0800, Mark D Powell wrote:
> > which in turn lead me to a page with the 11g OCP test requirements for
> > database associate, professional, and master listed at
>
> How can I become a DBA 2.0? I am an old hack, very well versed in log
> files, various forms of Unix, Perl, PHP, event based tuning and I would
> need to surgically remove approximately 50% of my brain in order to
> attain that glorious goal.

Not really. Just realize the tools have different purposes, and
there's nothing wrong with using pretty pictures to make yourself look
good to those who don't fully understand. Keep a window open with the
performance tab going, people think you are conscientiously monitoring
while you do the real work in your command line windows and alerts.
No problem, only solutions. Sometimes seeing the color change out of
the corner of your eye or from a distance during a hallway conference
can even help. People can be real impressed when you switch from
something they think they understand but vaguely comprehend that they
really don't, to guru mode beyond their pale, especially when you
explain things as you go along, and they understand it for a few
glorious seconds until they go mad like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_(Doctor_Who)
..

jg
--