From: Dawn on
I archived a bunch of emails, which created a new archive file about 2GB in
size. My .ost file remained the same size (7.5GB) Should the .ost file
size shrink after archiving? (using Windows Vista/Office 2007) Is the .ost
file size large enough that it could cause problems with things like indexing?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Dawn" <dawn(a)NOSPAMstofoco.com> wrote in message

>I archived a bunch of emails, which created a new archive file about 2GB in
> size. My .ost file remained the same size (7.5GB) Should the .ost file
> size shrink after archiving? (using Windows Vista/Office 2007) Is the .ost
> file size large enough that it could cause problems with things like
> indexing?

I believe that eventually it should become smaller when a compaction occurs,
but I'm not positive Outlook compacts OSTs like it does PSTs. I don't think
it will cause issues with indexing, though.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]