From: Steve Ardcorr on
Back again.
I'm about to clone my main drive with acronis
true image and I've never been so scared.
Is it at all possible to completely mess it up and
loose the drive that I'm trying to copy?
I don't mind if screwing it up means the worse that
can happen is I'll have to do it again :)
I've never done this before although people have
been telling me for years I should.
Steve

From: Steve Ardcorr on
OK, I guess (hope) it wouldn't let me overwrite my current main
drive since that's where it's installed.
I'm going from one un-partitioned drive to another but if there
is a way to screw it up I'll find it like some deranged bloodhound.
Steve

From: Phoenix on
On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:21:31 +0100, "Steve Ardcorr"
<purtington(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> OK, I guess (hope) it wouldn't let me overwrite my current main
> drive since that's where it's installed.
> I'm going from one un-partitioned drive to another but if there
> is a way to screw it up I'll find it like some deranged bloodhound.
> Steve

> "Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> > The killer robot "Steve Ardcorr" <purtington(a)googlemail.com>
grabbed the
> > controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these
buttons...

> >> I'm about to clone my main drive with acronis
> >> true image and I've never been so scared.
> >> Is it at all possible to completely mess it up and
> >> loose the drive that I'm trying to copy?
> >> I don't mind if screwing it up means the worse that
> >> can happen is I'll have to do it again :)
> >> I've never done this before although people have
> >> been telling me for years I should.
> >
> > Just make sure you pay close attention to which is the "from"
drive and
> > which is the "to" drive and you should be ok.
> >
> > --
> > Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> > ________ __
> > / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> > / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> > / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> > \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> > Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> > Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> > Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net
---

As Ford Prefect said to Arthur Dent, "Don't Panic! " ( this being
Usenet I can't write it in large friendly letters ).
Just don't do anything in a hurry, even if it looks like something
went wrong, cos that's when one is most apt to push the wrong
buttons (or format the wrong drive, which I actually did once ).
You should be fine.
Is this for the new DAW? What'd you get?
From: John Braner on
On 10/06/2010 17:21, Steve Ardcorr wrote:
> OK, I guess (hope) it wouldn't let me overwrite my current main
> drive since that's where it's installed.
> I'm going from one un-partitioned drive to another but if there
> is a way to screw it up I'll find it like some deranged bloodhound.
> Steve

It probably would let you go the "wrong way" - so just pay attention and you'll be fine ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Ardcorr on
Cheers John
It didn't give me that many options which is a good thing in my book.

Hi Phoenix
No, it's for the old DAW that I thought was about to
die. In the end it turned out that there was an intermittent problem
with the power supply so although I was all excited about a new
DAW I'm quite pleased to have saved my self £1.300 :)
Steve

As for what I nearly got, here a break down....

Coolermaster RC-100 V2 Cosmos, Aluminium Full Tower - Quiet

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, Intel X58, S1366, SLi/Xfire PCI-E 2.0, DDR3
2200/1333, SATA 6Gb/s, RAID, ATX
120mm Sharkoon "Golf Ball" Silent Eagle SE fan Quiet Case Fan inc 4x
Speed
Cable Set
AcoustiPack BLOCKS Acoustic Foam Blocks for 5.25"/3.5" Bays
60cm AKASA SATA2 DayGlo Blue UV - Right Angled Connection
Acronis True Image Home 2010 - System Back Up Software
Scan 3XS System - 1year Onsite Warranty (Mainland UK)

1 Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, 4.8GT/s QPI, 8MB Cache
1 Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler for Intel LGA 1366/1156/775 ,
(without
fan )
1 3XS System Core-Logic Overclocking *0 - 10%*
1 6GB (3x2GB) Corsair XMS3, DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600) Non-ECC Unbuffered,
CAS
9-9-9-24, 1.65V
1 512MB Gainward G 210, 800MHz GDDR2, GPU 589MHz, Shader 1402MHz, 16
Cores,
D-Sub/ DL DVI-I/ HDMI
1 680W Be Quiet Straight Power 88%effic
1 1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm,
64MB
Cache, 8 ms
1 Scythe Himuro Aluminium Hard Drive Cooler
1 LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±R, 16xDVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RWx6 ,12xRAM SATA,
Black,
OEM
1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64bit - Retail
1 Standard 3XS System Warranty - 2 Years (1st Year Onsite / 2nd Year
Return
to Base)

Total £1,344.66

Pages: 1