Prev: Volcano Dust
Next: ott
From: Steve Ardcorr on
Hello all
I have a question regarding monitors. For years I have a been doing my
mixing
on a pair of B&W speakers that are very good but are basically Hi-Fi
speakers.
I'm wondering, how much of a difference will it make if I invest in a pair
of proper
studio monitors. A guy I know who runs a music shop was trying to sell me a
pair
of Genelec monitors (can't remember which ones) that cost �500.
Having just spent �700 on a new bass and a pod 3X Live my wallet nearly gave
me
a heart attack.
What I'd like is to be able to have them on trial. I really don't want to
spend any more
money on something that sounds a bit better than my B&W's.
What do people on here use? Bear in mind that I am a bedroom musician so
desktop
speakers might well be sufficient.
Cheers
Stevea

From: Steve Ardcorr on
So how much did you spend of them gb?
I'm just thinking that the Genelec's at �500,
great as I'm sure they are,
just might be a little more than I need.

From: Steve_Karl on

"Steve Ardcorr" <purtington(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message news:hur0jv$105i$1(a)adenine.netfront.net...

> What do people on here use?

Mackie HR824s
Vintage Auratones
AKG K240M and K240DF headphones

From: Bob Donald on

> What do people on here use? Bear in mind that I am a bedroom musician so
> desktop
> speakers might well be sufficient.
> Cheers
> Stevea

Tannoy PB8's on this end. I also have a pair of m-audio's that came in a
package with their interface, but the Tannoy's are definitely sweeter since
going back to them. I've seen the pb6.5's going for $150 to $250 a pair
used on this side of the pond.

Bob

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

Pages: 1
Prev: Volcano Dust
Next: ott