From: Bob Quintal on
Bob H <bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in

> On 15/05/2010 12:35, PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>> IIF(DateDiff("d", NextTestDate, Date())<=7,"Out of Date
>> Soon","OKAY")
>
> This works ok, but for items that are well out of date, or past
> the NextTestDate, they were shown as OKAY, So I removed that and
> now those said items are showing as blank in an OutOfDate field I
> am using.
>
> Is there a way of differentiating between items that are OKAY and
> those that are out of date.
>
> Thanks

First test for "Past Due", then your /Soon Due:.

iif( NextTestDate < date(),"OverDue",iif(date() <= NextTestDate +7,"Due
Soon","OK"))

From: Bob H on
On 15/05/2010 17:21, Bob Quintal wrote:
> Bob H<bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in
>
>> On 15/05/2010 12:35, PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>>> IIF(DateDiff("d", NextTestDate, Date())<=7,"Out of Date
>>> Soon","OKAY")
>>
>> This works ok, but for items that are well out of date, or past
>> the NextTestDate, they were shown as OKAY, So I removed that and
>> now those said items are showing as blank in an OutOfDate field I
>> am using.
>>
>> Is there a way of differentiating between items that are OKAY and
>> those that are out of date.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> First test for "Past Due", then your /Soon Due:.
>
> iif( NextTestDate< date(),"OverDue",iif(date()<= NextTestDate +7,"Due
> Soon","OK"))

Thanks , but I am getting missing operand error, or more precisely

+operator, in an expression without a corresponding operand
From: Bob Quintal on

> On 15/05/2010 17:21, Bob Quintal wrote:
>> Bob H<bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in

>>> This works ok, but for items that are well out of date, or past
>>> the NextTestDate, they were shown as OKAY, So I removed that and
>>> now those said items are showing as blank in an OutOfDate field
>>> I am using.
>>>
>>> Is there a way of differentiating between items that are OKAY
>>> and those that are out of date.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> First test for "Past Due", then your /Soon Due:.
>>
>> iif( NextTestDate< date(),"OverDue",iif(date()<= NextTestDate
>> +7,"Due Soon","OK"))
>>

> Thanks , but I am getting missing operand error, or more precisely
>
> +operator, in an expression without a corresponding operand

sorry forgot some parentheses, Access was calculating the difference
between the dates, returning true or false, then adding 7.

iif( mydate < date(),"OverDue",iif((myDate-date()<7),"Due Soon","OK")
From: Bob Quintal on
Bob Quintal <rquintal(a)sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in

> Bob H <bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in
>
>> On 15/05/2010 17:21, Bob Quintal wrote:
>>> Bob H<bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in

>>> First test for "Past Due", then your /Soon Due:.
>>>
>>> iif( NextTestDate< date(),"OverDue",iif(date()<= NextTestDate
>>> +7,"Due Soon","OK"))
>>>

>> Thanks , but I am getting missing operand error, or more precisely
>>
>> +operator, in an expression without a corresponding operand
>>

> sorry forgot some parentheses, Access was calculating the
difference
> between the dates, returning true or false, then adding 7.
>
> iif( mydate < date(),"OverDue",iif((myDate-date()<7),"Due
Soon","OK")

oops, change mydate to NextTestDate in both places.
From: Bob H on
On 15/05/2010 19:58, Bob Quintal wrote:
> Bob Quintal<rquintal(a)sPAmpatico.ca> wrote in
>
>> Bob H<bob(a)despammer.com> wrote in

>>> Thanks , but I am getting missing operand error, or more precisely
>>>
>>> +operator, in an expression without a corresponding operand
>>>

>> sorry forgot some parentheses, Access was calculating the
> difference
>> between the dates, returning true or false, then adding 7.
>>
>> iif( mydate< date(),"OverDue",iif((myDate-date()<7),"Due
> Soon","OK")
>>
> oops, change mydate to NextTestDate in both places.

Thanks, but now getting invalid syntax error message:
You may have entered an operand without an operator