From: Sven Iversen Sven on
Using port 587 worked for me. We have comcast, and i was convinced it was a
firewall setting around port 25 or something so i am grateful for the advice
of trying 587.

It took a couple of goes with hitting send/receive, as it timed out the
first time but the second time i got my test message through and it popped up
in my inbox. I'd advise at least trying 587 and sending/receiving a couple of
times.

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "naplespat(a)comcast.net" <naplespat(a)comcast.net@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:AA27C7DC-A4FC-4A69-A49B-9FB297BDA607(a)microsoft.com...
>
> >I am with comcast and am unable to send mail. I tried switching the port to
> > 587, the test message works but the mail still sits in the outbox. When I
> > take this computer to a different location, I can send email from outlook.
> > It
> > is just at home that I cannot. I am able to email from my aol account, but
> > not outlook. I get the error message.
>
> Still no exact error messages. Did you consult Comcast's Help pages for how
> to set up your Outlook account?
> http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?ID=3727
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]