From: Mr Percy Verence on
when I go to Tools/internet options/programs/ the email box is empty, the
newsgroup box shows "windows mail"
if I drop down the email box I have "windows mail" "windows live mail" and
"windows live hotmail" to choose from,
there is nothing to indicate that Outlook express would be available, this
error causes untold problems,especially
when using Firetrust Mailwasher.using the reply to in that program,I am
using IE8 and OE6+. I have had this problem for months now
With kind regards From WillofAustralia

From: Steve Cochran on
See www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx After making OE default then see if that then lists it under IE's options.

steve

From: Bruce Hagen on
Are you using XP or Vista? I can understand seeing "windows live mail" and
"windows live hotmail" in Internet Options, but "windows mail" cannot
exist on XP.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Steve Cochran on
It could be that WLM injected that as an option (i.e.: bug).

steve

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
From your headers: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3311

Check-in at Windows Update ASAP & install ALL critical security updates
offered, then see what those options offer.