From: art on
I have tried creating a new profile and reinstalling office suite, both have failed to correct the problem. The only way I can use outlook now is in the safe mode. That is not a viable option because searching is so slow.

Any other suggestions?

art.levin(a)gmail.com

Christian Goeller wrote:

Re: outlook 2007 - "The text formatting command is not available
13-May-07

Stef, you wrote on Sun, 13 May 2007 13:33:39 +0200:

Creating a new profile should help.

Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

On Sunday, May 13, 2007 7:33 AM
Stef wrote:

outlook 2007 - "The text formatting command is not available
When i try to open an email message with outlook 2007 i get the following
message "Cannot open this item. The text formatting command is not
available. It may not be installed correctly ......."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook but the problem is still
present,

steve

On Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:15 AM
Christian Goeller wrote:

Re: outlook 2007 - "The text formatting command is not available
Stef, you wrote on Sun, 13 May 2007 13:33:39 +0200:

Creating a new profile should help.

Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
http://www.outlookfaq.net

On Sunday, May 13, 2007 9:26 AM
Stef wrote:

Thanks for the quick reponse Christian.
Thanks for the quick reponse Christian. I created a new profile which worked
perfectly, i then tried my old profile and it worked also! Thanks for the
help.

Crypto Obfuscator for .NET - Product Review
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/bf15c41b-6510-403e-9af8-f5fd987fafb1/crypto-obfuscator-for-ne.aspx
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
<art levin> wrote in message news:2010516101119art.levin(a)gmail.com...

>I have tried creating a new profile and reinstalling office suite, both have
>failed to correct the
> problem. The only way I can use outlook now is in the safe mode. That is
> not a viable option
> because searching is so slow.

If Outlook works in safe mode, this indicates one of your add-ins is causing
the problem. Disable them all and then reenable them one at a time until you
find the one causing the problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]